City Readers Digital Historic Collections at the New York Society Library
Armstrong Family Panel
1. Danskammer, the ancestral Armstrong mansion near Newburgh, New York.
2. Margaret posing on a velvet sofa in Rome, c.1870.
3. A Library circulation record of books the Armstrong family withdrew between May 1894 and June 1895.
4. Margaret in white with hat taken in New Brusnwick NJ, c.1883.
5. The Tenth Street Studio designed by Richard Morris Hunt, a collective of art studios at West 10th Street across the street from the Armstrong family home.
6. Seated left to right Maitland Armstrong (father), Helen Maitland, Hamilton Fish and Margaret Neilson. Standing left to right Noel, Helen Neilson Armstrong (mother), Marion, Edward and his wife Maud Gwendolen King.
7. Maitland Armstrong, trustee of the New York Society Library, 1897-1918
8. Hamilton Fish Armstrong, chairman of the New York Society Library, 1944-1957
9. Margaret Armstrong on the cover of The Saturday Review, October 5, 1940.
10. Helen Armstrong painting stained glass in the West 10th Street studio c. 1895.
11. In 1871 Maitland and Helen Armstrong attended a relief fund ball to assist flood victims in Rome
12. May 17, 1923 Library share of D. Maitland Armstrong to Hamilton Fish Armstrong.
Images from The Armstrong Family Collection and New York Society Library Institutional Archives